Saturday 4 June 2022

A few days to go!


Only a few days left before I fly out to Israel and I think I've got everything I need. Over the next few days I'll start to panic as I no doubt realise I haven't actually got everything I need, and start madly scrambling to get sorted in time!

One good bit of news is that the covid rules in Israel have changed so that I don't need to do a PCR test after all, and won't need to stay in the hotel room for 24 hours after arriving. The itinerary hasn't been updated yet, but its good to know there's an extra day of possible sight seeing.

Meanwhile I've been enjoying the opportunity to read 'Making Faith Magnetic' by Dan Strange. It's a really good read that looks at some of the things that our culture aspires to, such as meaningful connection with something greater than ourselves or having a destiny to fulfil, and then the book shows how the gospel fulfils those desires.  These points of contact could be an effective way to open up conversations with people and share the gospel in a way that is engaging and attractive. It's a helpful book that I would recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment